Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Benifits of Infant Massage:
- BONDING: Promotes the parent/child bond – secure attachments and strong, healthy relationships based on trust and security to last a lifetime.
- RELIEF: Soothes gastrointestinal pain/discomfort, colic, restless and sleepless days … and nights. Promotes regular sleep/wake cycles.
- SOCIABILITY: Decreasing stress and anxiety in social and public situations.
- GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT: Studies report that regular massage stimulates early and healthy growth stages, brain development and infant state regulation.
- REDUCE STRESS: Promotes the release of anti-stress hormones that are beneficial for both parent/s and baby.
- CIRCULATION & HEALING: Increasing the flow and efficiency of the body systems. Infant massage promotes healthy weight gain and healing in infants experiencing preterm life and time in the NICU.
- COMMUNICATION: Learn your infants non-verbal language. Communicate your love through nurturing touch and compassionate touch.
Benifits of Geriatric Massage:
tactile and sensory stimulation
an opportunity for social interaction
Helps address Quality-of-Life Issues: